Saturday, June 13, 2009







I haven't been able to make a post lately, because we have been doing some work on the house, but I have gone fishing twice in the last week or so. I think it was Saturday, June 6th. I went to the pond at Grand Prairie Park (Periwinkle Creek) in Albany and caught over 20 fish. Mainly they were green sunfish from 3-6 inches. I also caught 3-4 bluegill. One of theme was the biggest I have caught so far this year and probably the biggest I have ever caught, at about 10 inches long. It is very exciting when you are catching the little fish and all of the sudden you hook into a bigger one!

*Fish - 20-25 Green perch and bluegill 3-10 inches.
*Flies - Size 12, brown wooly worm with no tail, stripped slowly and steadily as possible..
*Weather - Overcast, humid, temperature approximately 55-60 degrees.

Yesterday, Friday, June 12, 2009, my son and I made a quick trip to Foster Reservoir and fished at our "hot spot" where we limited out in less than two hours last time we went there. Well, this time we only got two bites. One of them resulted in a smallmouth bass about 6-7 inches long. I was pretty excited to catch the smallmouth. I got him on the line and then let my son reel him in. He's in the freezer.

The weather was quite humid and cool, it looked like there was a thunder storm nearby. It sprinkled a little bit, but we were under the cover of the trees so we stayed nice and dry.

*Fish - 1 smallmouth bass 6-7 inches, caught on PowerBait (I couldn't believe it) off the bottom.

It was an enjoyable trip. Wish we'd have caught some trout, though.
I am going to try to make it to Diamond Lake next Saturday. It is about a three hour trip from here, but I have Saturday off. My brother said they are catching lots of rainbows between 16-18 inches using PowerBait!

Have report from SM2 on Clear Lake coming soon!

Tight Lines!

No comments:

Post a Comment