Friday, June 19, 2009

Fished middle freeway lake this afternoon after work for about and hour and a half. My main goal was to either catch some crappie or a bass. I switched flies a couple of times.
On a bead head pheasant tail nymph, size 12, I caught a three inch long bluegill about a foot from the bank on the north side of the middle lake.

Later I switched to a size 8 black Woolly Bugger with two strands of crystal flashing in the tail and casted out as far as I could. As I tried to make a roll cast and was pulling the fly back slowly across the top of the water, I could see something under the surface of the water... and then the tension in the line! I was pretty sure it was a bass! Tightened up the line some more and more tension! This could be a good fish, I thought. I brought him in a sure enough it was a 8-9 inch large mouth bass!

I was so pumped up! I really want to get back and fish from my float tube one of these evenings.

As I fished, a nice State Trooper snuck up behind me and then said all of the sudden, having any luck? It kind of scared me and when I turned to see the State Trooper, I calmed down. I was happy to be able to show him my fishing license. He quickly noted it down an wished me a good afternoon.

Tight Lines!

No comments:

Post a Comment